— EXAMINATION & PROMOTION —
1. The performance of a student in a semester shall be evaluated through continuous assessment and end semester examination. The continuous assessment shall be based on class tests, assignments/tutorials, quizzes/viva-voce and attendance. The marks for continuous assessment (sessional marks) shall be awarded at the end of the semester. The end semester examination shall be conducted by means of written papers, practicals and viva-voce, inspection of certified course work in classes and laboratories, project work, design reports or by means of any combination of these methods.
2. The distribution of marks for sessional, end semester theory papers, practicals and other examinations, seminar, project, industrial training and general proficiency shall be as per the prescribed scheme of examination.
3. The maximum marks of a theory / practical subject shall consist of marks allotted for end semester theory paper/practical examination and sessional work respectively in the scheme of examination.
4. The minimum pass marks in each theory subject (including sessional marks) shall be 40% with a minimum of 30% marks in each theory paper in the end semester examination. If there is no provision of sessional marks in any subject, the minimum pass marks in that subject shall be 30% in the end semester examination.
5. The minimum pass marks in a practical/project subject (including sessional marks) shall be 50%.
6. A candidate, in order to pass, must secure 50% marks in the aggregate in a particular academic year inclusive of both semesters of the academic year subjected to conditions as clause 8.2(a).
7. The minimum pass marks to pass in Seminar, Industrial Training and Educational Tour, Viva-Voce etc. shall be 50%.
8. There shall be no pass marks in General Proficiency (G.P.) However, marks of General Proficiency marks shall be added for the purpose of declaring result.
1. A candidate satisfying all the clauses mentioned under examinations shall be promoted to the next academic year of study.
2. A candidate shall be eligible for provisional promotion to the next academic year of study provided: